Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I'm a hipster & didn't know it.

I read this earlier today, & the first part of comment #4 just really stuck in my craw.

I'm really getting tired of the modern hipster mentality towards not having kids. I think it doesn't make any sense, it is pretentious, and it will be very harmful to our society in the long run.

Blah, blah, de blah, blah, blah.....

Personally I have chosen not to have kids because I know I don't have the patience or inclination to have them. I wasn't aware that I was part of some "modern hipster" movement. Which got me to thinking. Totally terrifying thought I know. But, it made me wonder if those of us that chosen to be chirren free are greater in number than in the past or does it just seem like it because of the ability to connect with others with our advance technolgies??

While there have always been CF people throughout time, for how many was it a conscious decision? Is it because because of the mombies, that we have become more vocal??

Why is it that these people who choose to go forth & procreate feel the need to applauded for something that every species on the planet does? At the same time those of us who don't should somehow feel incomplete??? Uhhhh, I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment